Friday, February 27, 2009

I abandon the quarrel

Proverbs 20:3
"It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling."

Interpretation by definition of the Hebrew Lexicon of Proverbs 20:3 is as follows:
It is with a reputation of honor, glory, reverence for God and dignity that a man ceases or rests from strife or controversy with words; but every fool, one who despises wisdom or mocks when guilty will be meddling, breaking out in contention, carrying on a debate, though it is to his disgrace.

Proverbs 17:14
"The beginning of strife is like the letting out of water, so abandon the quarrel before it breaks out."

God has placed precious living waters on the inside of me, too precious to be let out by allowing strife to begin and empty me of those waters. I abandon the quarrel. By grace I write what is in my heart and I trust the All Consuming Fire...that He loves me and you enough to burn up what cannot remain in our lives.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 says "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

My heart doesn't know, simply what it doesn't know but the Refiner will reveal it, lovingly.

1 comment:

REG said...

Your words are always very timely, but isn't that always the way with the word of God.