Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Greater vs. minute

Last night in church, part of the sermon included the scripture from 1 John 4:4, which is a familiar verse but I had an epiphany, none the less. "You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."

Man, how good is this?

-Greater is Love that's within me than the hate that is in the world!
-Greater is the Unifier in me, than the division that's in the world!
-Greater is the Creator in me, the very God of invention, than the duplicator and meer imitations of the world!
-Greater is the Savior that's in me, than the temptation of sin that's in the world!
-Greater is the Healer that's in me than the spirit of infirmity that's in the world!

I could go on an on like this....you get the jest of it!
Provision & Prosperity vs. poverty
Deliverance vs. addiction of any sort
Peace vs. fear
Soundness of mind vs. imaginations
Judge vs. decisions of others

You name it, Jesus counteracts it in and through our lives! Just begin to think of who is in you and what He represents vs. whatever it is your walking through today! You can't help but overcome it!

No comments: