Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Bound to Happen!

I was sitting on my bed, the night before last and said to God, "I need a word from you." Earlier that day, I was sitting at my desk and I heard God say, "In the end it will speak and not lie." but at the time, I was in the midst of working and couldn't take the time to search it out. Thankfully, Father reminded me of those words, so off I went to the book of Habakkuk, chapter 2.

All last year, God spoke to me and prompted me to pray Deuteronomy 15:1-5...that at the end of the seventh year, God would make a release in the land...a debt release. Well, the end of the seventh year came and went and I hadn't seen the evidence of what I had been declaring and I began to ask God questions and began to feel particularly bad because "good Christians don't ask questions" right? Well, not so! God so mercifully took me to Habakkuk...the prophet who declared God's word and yet talked very plainly with God. He said this in verse 1-3...

[OH, I know, I have been rash to talk out plainly this way to God!] I will [in my thinking] stand upon my post of observation and station myself on the tower or fortress, and will watch to see what He will say within me and what answer I will make [as His mouthpiece] to the perplexities of my complaint against Him. (AMPLIFIED) 2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. (KJV)

I occurred to me when I read this that the words tarry & tarry couldn't possibly mean the same thing because God does not contradict himself. So I began to search them out.

-The first tarry means: 4102 Greek-to question or to interrogate, what?, how?, why?, when?

-The second tarry means: 309 Greek-to procrastinate, to put off doing something that should be done, to be idle.

And the word surely there means- bound to happen. And of course...inquiring minds want to know...what does happen really mean? By chance, opportunity, season!

So here's how Habakkuk 2:3 could read according to, once again, the Stacey Blubaugh translation. The vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie: though you interrogate it, and question it with all your how? and why? and when?, wait for it: because it will surely come...it's bound to happen because time and chance happen to all men, it will not procrastinate because I do not put off doing anything that should be done!


Instantly God reminded me of something I had just seen on Study Light, (I think). The headline was "This election marks the end of the seventh year since 9-11." And then after I read what it means for something to happen..."by chance" reminded me of a scripture in Ecclesiastes that speaks of time and chance but I couldn't remember where. So I got my dinosaur of a concordance out and looked it up. Guess where it was found? Ecclesiastes 9:11. O.K! Can you spell REVIVAL? Right there...alone in my bedroom with God...what I had prayed for a year....what He has said would be...REVIVED!

And did I mention...we were just given a puppy...a gift, who was born on 9-11! Coincidence? No, that's the wrong spelling! Spell check won't detect it but I know it's spelled CONFIRMATION!

Oh of course...after SALLY envy and my short lived pity party...now I see it! But oh am I thankful to see it! We are at the end of the seventh year! We've already seen a debt release take place in the world...the big "bail out" but the world ain't got nothing on our God and can't hold a candle to what's about to be released to the church! Church...get ready...thou art loosed!

And here's a bonus for all those who like long winded! It's bound to happen! Matthew 18:18 says that what we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and what we loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. And the amplified says it this way...that we cannot bind anything that hasn't already been bound in heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:15 says "That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past." Did you hear that? You have every right to bind your circumstances to God’s provision! You have every right to bind healing, salvation, deliverance & prosperity to “happen” in your life! It has to occur, to take place in your life! So let that be your confession today! It’s bound to happen! Whooohooo!

No comments: