Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beloved!

The other day, as I was driving home from a rather difficult appointment faced with choices that I had no clear answer to, God spoke a very familiar scripture to me. 3 John 1:2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers." And for the first time I heard something in this that I have never heard before. The emphasis was not on prosperity or health but on BELOVED. I realized that God was addressing me. He said, "BE LOVED" and in this is my identity! He had my full attention!

I've just begun looking at this word and there is much to take in but one thing I want to note is that when God addresses us as "beloved"...He is saying lovable one!

To prosper means to have success or to thrive. And to have success by definition is the following:

1 a: to come next after another in office or position or in possession of an estate ; especially : to inherit sovereignty, rank, or title b: to follow after another in order
2 a: to turn out well b: to attain a desired object or end
3 to pass to a person by inheritance

1: to follow in sequence and especially immediately
2: to come after as heir or successor

This just explodes on the inside of me! Here is the SBV of that passage, "Be loved! I wish above all things that you would come after my dear Son in office and take possession of His estate! Reap what He has sown for...the fields are white for the harvest! Inherit My sovereignty...see it, hear it, say it, do it, as I see it, hear it, say it, do it! See them, hear them, say to them, do for them as I have seen them, heard them, said for them and done for them! Take rank! Take your title as a executor of My will! Follow after my order! It's my desire that you will turn out well and obtain My desired end for you...everything I have expected for you because the moment you were formed, I became an expectant parent once again! Great Expectations! Greater than you have yet to know! You are heir to the Kingdom!"

"...as your soul prospers!" As my mind, my will, my emotions...all of the above!

2 comments:

REG said...

It made me smile when you reminded me that I am beloved. Thanks

Melissa Flores said...

Stacey, been waiting to read from you. This is beautiful. BE LOVED! I enjoy having your open definitions and the paraphrase at the end is especially enlightening.