Friday, May 1, 2009

Holy Rebellion

Two words that do not seem as though they should in any way be spoken together, yet this is what I have been hearing in my spirit all day long.

Matthew 16:18 says, "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Recently, during Sunday night prayer, the words, "Lord, give us the gates of hell." came out of my mouth before I truly even realized what was being asked. And later, as I meditated on this at home, I began to ask God questions that I'm not sure I even yet have the answer to but I do know this...there are gates wide open in this nation that were never meant to prevail!

There are gates that have been open, taking the lives of our unborn children. There are gates that have been open, working to destroy the sanctity of marriage. And there are gates open...seeking to take our liberties and silence the voice of truth.

And looking at this...someone can say that I am attacking the abortionists or the homosexual or even the Hate Crimes Bill...but no, I am making plain the real issue! Every man, woman and child that Jesus died for. Every one that God sent His word for!

Murder...is no more to be opposed than the lies. Homosexuality and fornication are no more severe in nature than stealing. Sin=Sin no matter how you spell it.

But to be Holy...that means to forsake it all!

To be holy is to be devoted entirely to...to be set apart...separate unto Someone far greater than us! To Someone who loves us far more than we even have yet to comprehend! To Someone who's heart is fixed on saving a lost people who were created for Him alone!

And to rebel....is simply to be in opposition. And it's time for the devoted, the set apart, the separate to position themselves in opposition. It's time for the voice of opposition to be heard.

Let the revolution begin! A revolution is that of successful rebellion and major change is the outcome!

We are meant to be a successful people! God has stated that in His word. In fact...His word in itself is the only success to be had! Joshua 1 says, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."


And our concern should not be that there is opposition to His word but that we are failing to oppose the opposition.

2 comments:

REG said...

I was thinking this morning how we as a church have fallen down on the job, the job of being salt and light in this dark world. To be light in the dark is indeed to be in opposition.

Melissa Flores said...

I love the spin on "rebellion"... kinda like being a devil to the devil. Let's get started. I'm ready to take Hell's gates with you.