Sunday, November 23, 2008

Current Situation vs. Eternal Location

Romans 8:18 says "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

When I read this, I realized that this very passage was meant to help me put my "problems" in perspective because let's face it, we are always going to have problems. When we chose to become a die hard, no matter what, follower of Jesus Christ, (which is the best decision you could ever make, by the way! ) you will find yourself going against the grain...rubbing the cat the wrong way... swimming upstream.

Let me just be plain here. It doesn't matter if I think my problem is the end of the world! It doesn't matter if anyone else agrees that what I am going through is the end of the world! The truth is, if I don't want it to be the end of the "world" for me, that's when I have what should be defined as a real problem! Romans 8:18 says, and I don't believe I am taking this out of context, "the sufferings of this present time ARE NOT WORTHY!" And it's not worthy compared to the glory which shall be revealed in me! And the thing is, the glory isn't about me, it's for...


Read verse 19! It says "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God." The world is waiting for me to stop worrying about my problems, talking about my problems, crying about my problems and comparing my current situation with my eternal location! When will the world ever get to see just how big my God is unless I let Him handle it? The question is, where do I really live? That's what the world wants to know!

I love the teachings of Andrew Wommack (www.awmi.net) and here's a few quotes of his, some of which really made me laugh today, after crying long enough that I knew I needed to get some put you in your place (in Christ) & get a hold of yourself (in Christ) Word of God in me!

"Today people think happiness is a result, instead of a choice."

"Happiness is not a state of being, it's a state of mind."

"If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you make a very small package."

"If you never bump into the devil, it's because you are going the same direction!"

No comments: