Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's your position?

Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.

What two immutable things can God not lie about? In what do we have a strong consolation? Take a look at Hebrews 16:14...
"Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee."

...and then at the original context in which this was said to Abraham in Genesis 22...

"And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice."

I lay in bed early yesterday morning after having a dream and God spoke to my heart that I needed to understand my position and His position. And these words were like a broken record playing in my heart. "Surely, in blessing I will bless thee and in multiplying, I will multiply thy seed!" And literally He was emphasizing the word IN and I realized that there were two elements to this passage. And when I looked at Genesis, I saw that Abraham knew his position. He was standing on that mountain and was "in" position! What position? He was literally "in" blessing! You see, he was ready and willing...he had entered into that place of blessing God and what I have always pictured to be "sacrifice" was really "obedience" and that was what had put him in that location of blessing! You see, we all want the blessing of God but we have to be in the right location. And the thing is, location is in the heart. You see, Abraham's heart was in the mountain, long before he was!

In prayer a couple of weeks ago, when we were praying over the ministry...God gave me what I think is a vision of this. I saw Abraham on the mountain in whole new light. God said to me, "That ram was a seed. I give seed to the sower." Abraham had taken Isaac to the mountain, knowing that that young man was the "vision" God had set before him, following God's instruction. He took him to the mountain, to sow a seed because the vision didn't belong to him anyway and if God wanted him, God would have him. And just when he raised his hand in obedience, the angel of the Lord stayed his hand and spoke the word. Isaac was in a sense a seed but the ram in the thicket wasn't the harvest...it was a far greater seed that God sowed into this earth, to produce the greatest harvest the world has yet to even know. And every time we obey, we are sowing a seed that allows God to issue seed back into our lives, just like that and it will produce far greater than we have yet to know. Just look what was in Isaacs loins! And keep looking...there's still more! Salvation is in the loins of every vision of the God kind!

"In" blessing, I will bless you! "In" multiplying, I will multiply thy seed." There's a ram in the thicket!

No comments: