Friday, December 12, 2008

Job 23:12 &14 says “Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. For he performs the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.” The word perform there means to furnish. And as I read this, I think simply put, when I love His word more than any thing I believe to be necessary for me to live, whether it’s food, clothes, money, a car, a house….that’s when He is able to furnish those things that are appointed for my life. And the word says that many such things are with Him. Not that He is with the things! And I think that’s where lack sets in many times! When the things distract us from the true focus! You know, we should be aware of this each and every day but here we are in the Christmas season and there are so many “things” that we need and even want. Things, that if we don’t have them, could leave us in a place of devastation but you know what, as large a deficit as not have those things may leave, without Him, they are simply distractions. What I want for Christmas and for each and every day is first and foremost Him!

With Him...I have it all!

No comments: