Monday, December 8, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Proverbs 8:6 "Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things."

I was meditating on "words" and "things" again. And I found something very interesting. Years ago, I remember studying a passage and looking closely at the word "lips" in it and the meaning was "pouring place". And you know, then that made perfect sense to me because "out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water." I recognized that my lips were literally a pouring place for those rivers to come forth!

Today as I was reading and meditating on Proverbs 8:6...again I felt prompted to reference that word "lips" again and need I say, again, I learned something so profoundly beautiful! Of course, the meaning here is once again, the bank of a river but it also refers to the edge of a cup.

I couldn't help but think of Psalm 23:5....
"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."

Never thought of my lips as being edge of the cup that God created to run over! Just loving the thought of that and falling in love with God all over again today!

No comments: