Friday, December 19, 2008

Together

I was thinking about Christmas and what this week holds for us. Such a wonderful time, when we come together with loved ones and family…and there’s something very powerful about that word…together! Of course, in simplest of terms, broken down, it means two gathered. Two is a very powerful number in the word of God! Any time two were gathered, it was meant to be productive…to multiply and be fruitful! Just look at Genesis, when God created, he made two of every thing…and it was for this purpose. Think of that this week when you come together with your family and your friends. You are coming together with them for more than just a wonderful meal and gift opening! You are coming together so that something greater can be accomplished. God wants to add something to their lives through you!

Just look at Matthew 18:16,19 & 20
…”in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.”

“Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.”

“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”


Every gathering, whether it’s simply in your living room with your spouse and children, with a friend, at church, or even these Holy day gatherings that we so look forward to, Christmas & Easter…just think of what can be established there! Where we gather, in His name, (….and as a child of God, the good news is, you can’t gather any other way! His name is always present with you. Unbelievers are not an issue here! Acknowledge Holy Spirit’s presence and person. He & I make two! He & you make two!) So why not come up with some questions…some asking…this Christmas. What do you want to see accomplished in your life and the life of others? Heaven becomes present when we are gathered!

I am so looking forward to what Sunday holds, with the Word & fellowship & Candlelight Communion on Tuesday! But I am also looking forward to the party at my sisters house and dinner at my grandparent’s home, and wherever else I may find myself between now and Christmas because every gathering…every coming together means....multiplication…fruitfulness…something produced....another life touched and changed for God’s glory!

No comments: