Friday, December 5, 2008

Remember out loud!

Deuteronomy 4:9 says "Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;"


I am so thankful for the foundational teaching that I have received for all of my Christian life, which would be about nine years now. I have been taught how to believe and speak the Word of God, which is equivalent to faith. Faith is believing and speaking the Word!

And just this past Tuesday, our bible study was based on this very subject and something that we learned is that in the Hebrew, the word that we use for "thing" in English, is actually "word". And we know that when God created the world, that He spoke in Hebrew because that was the language until the tower of Babel when the languages were confused. So when God spoke, in the beginning, He said "Light, be...." and it was! His "word" created a "thing".

Well, I have just been chewing on this word all week and I am so thankful for it! And it has me on a mission of sorts. It seems now that every time I read the word, and see the word "thing" or "word", they are completely interchangeable to me and it just keeps revelating to me! And this morning, I was reading in Deuteronomy, the passage above and this is how I see it now...

Deuteronomy 4:9 says "Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;"

It is so important right now that we keep our soul, guarding our heard and our mind, and tend to the precious Word that God has deposited there. We must set boundaries, forbidding fear, contrary imaginations, and words of doubt and unbelief to come in because what I am reading here is that it will cause us to forget the WORDS of God that we have already seen come to pass!

"Take heed to thyself"...It's written very clearly here that I AM RESPONSIBLE for keeping my self within the bounds of faith, guarding myself from fear, observe myself because why should anyone else have to keep an eye on me?...And then realize that I am the treasurer and the Word should never be wasted! Unprofitably used? And that's what will happen right? "Lest they depart from thy heart all the days of your life." And then my children would never be taught or my children's children.

And that's one last interesting point that I want to make here. I think that I have told at least four other people about the message I heard on "words" being "things" already and I have a feeling that is key! God was telling them...here's how you do it, "teach"! Teach someone...sit down on the couch next to your husband and tell him the exciting news...or at the lunch table with some friends and tell them what's at work changing your life or maybe even fill someone in who didn't make it out to church..."Man, what a great service, you have to hear this!"

Remember out loud!

No comments: