Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shielded

Genesis 15:1
"After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying , Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward."


Jesus Christ is our shield! He has already provided the shield that resists the onslaught of sickness and disease, mental and emotional attacks! He covers every part of our lives…even our finances! He is our shield but we have to understand that the shield is held up over our lives by the hand of faith! Our hand has to hold it! We have to hold it up by agreeing with and believing every thing God has spoken over our lives and by speaking it! It’s not there unless you say it is! So today, if you find that you’ve been under attack….how high are you holding your shield? Have you covered your life with it?

What I love is that the word of the Lord, came to Abram in a vision. He let Abram see Him as his shield! "He said, don't be afraid! Look at me!" I believe He gave him a clear look at what he had been protected from. How often do we say, "We'll just never know what has been prevented today..." (Guilty as charged, by the way.) And maybe that is so but I think we can see and are meant to see what has been averted! He showed Abram exactly His position as Redeemer...who both forgives and then puts himself in a position to take every punishment and weapon that has been formed because of it! And if that wasn't enough, He showed Himself as his exceeding great reward! Not only will He cover us...no matter what we have done or ever will do but He will also recompense us, compensate us for any damage that has been incurred or even compensate us for any service we have done for Him in holding Him up! He will reward us for holding up the shield with our hand of faith...simply believing and speaking of what He has done and what is in already in position in our lives! Glory!

And here's a little bunny trail for ya...


The shield is actually a demonstration of Christ’s activeness on our behalf. As I was meditating on this, God reminded me of when I was a little girl and riding with my grandfather in his pick up truck and the car in front of us slammed on it’s breaks. Instinctively, my Pappy threw his arm across me! God spoke to my heart that it’s like this with He and I. I was in my Pap’s presence, riding in his truck, seatbelt on, heading toward our destination together…not a question in my mind that we wouldn’t make it to where we were going. But at the very possibility of danger, it was his reflex to shield me! And just think about his intentions here. Unconsciously he was most willing to take the impact and also to keep me in place! God’s shield works the same way and all I have to do is just be in His presence…enjoy Him, put on my belt of truth, which is His word and believe it….and then with my words, my vehicle fueled by agreement, I move with God toward His plans and purposes and whatever happens…I find myself shielded and I know I will get there! He took the impact and I am still in place!

You see, the thing is, the reason I remember this day was not really so much about what happened in the truck (even though that is so precious to me)! My Pappy was taking me to Hershey Park! He said he was going to and I believed him, end of story! That shield he threw over me was something that happened on the way. Possible trouble diverted by his ability as driver…child safely in tow and we arrived at Hershey Park and the rest is history! How awesome is that?


And speaking of history...what is HisStory for you? What has God said will be in your life. Buckle yourself in with that!

No comments: